Education and relevant positions
- since 2019: Researcher at the Czech Technical University, Czech Institute of Informatics, Robotics, and Cybernetics
- since 8/2016: Post-doctoral researcher at the Czech Technical University, Czech Institute of Informatics, Robotics, and Cybernetics
- 2011 – 2017: Ph.D. degree in Artificial Intelligence and Biocybernetics from Czech Technical University, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Dept. of Cybernetics
- Topic of Dissertation thesis: Hierarchical probabilistic model of language acquisition (pdf)
- 8/2015 – 8/2016: Research fellow at Czech Technical University, Faculty of Electrical Engineering
- 2008 – 2010: master’s degree, Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, specialization Condensed Matter physics,
- diploma thesis: „Study of conditions of crystallization and thermodynamic properties of selected intermetallic compounds of lanthanides“, Mgr.
- 2005 – 2008: bachelor degree, Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, specialization General physics
- bachelor thesis: „Study of conditions of crystallizations of selected intermetallic compounds of lanthanides“, Bc.
- 2001 – 2005 high school Písek, A-level graduation
- 01-05/2016 – 5 month research stay – implementation of the hierarchical model of language acquisition into the iCub robot (Prof. Angelo Cangelosi, CRNS, Plymouth University, UK)
- 07/2014 – 14 days research stay – Ripley project, cooperation with Nicolaos Mavridis, participating on Summer school IRSS 2014 – Symbol grounding project (NCSR DEMOKRITOS, Athens)
Assisted in Teaching:
- Cognitive systems
- Principal investigator:
- GAČR grant “Multimodal representations of robotic actions and tasks applied in learning by demonstration” (Mirracle), 2021-2024, project webpage.
- TAČR grant “Imitation learning supported by language for industrial robotics” (ImitRob), 2017-2019, project webpage.
- Projekt na propagaci a podporu studia FEL “Korespondenční seminář MoRoUS pro SŠ” (http://morous.felk.cvut.cz), 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- FRVŠ grant No. G3/2023, „Application for administrating psychological experiments using EEG measurement“, 2012 (http://bio.felk.cvut.cz/psychee)
- Team member:
- MPO TRIO grant “Collaborative robotics workplace of the future” (CROW), 2019-2021, http://imitrob.ciirc.cvut.cz/crow.html
- iPalm EU ERA project “Interactive Perception-Action-Learning for Modelling Objects”, 2019-2021, https://sites.google.com/view/ipalm
- GAČR grant No.17-15697Y, “Robot self-calibration and safe physical human-robot interaction inspired by body representations in primate brains“, 2017-2019
- EU FP7 grant No. 60963 “TRADR: Long-Term Human-Robot Teaming for Robot-Assisted Disaster Response“, http://www.tradr-project.eu/
- SGS grant No. SGS16/231/0HK3/3T/13, sponsored by the CTU in Prague (Support of interactive approaches to biomedical data acquisition and processing)
- SGS grant No. 10/279/OHK3/3T/13, sponsored by the CTU in Prague
- FRVS grant „Innovation of Neuroinformatics course“, 2013
- Publication chair: 3DV 2022, Prague (link)
- Session chair: IROS 2022, Japan
- Member of Organizing Committee of the following conferences:
- KUZ 2016: Kognice a Umělý život, Telč, Czech Republic, 2016
- IWCIM 2015
- ITBAM 2015
- BioDat 2014: Conference on Advanced Methods of Biological Data and Signal Processing, Prague, 2014
- BioDat 2012: Conference on Advanced Methods of Biological Data and Signal Processing, Prague, 2012
- YBERC 2012: 5th International Conference on Biomedical Engineering YBERC 2012, Prague, Czech Republic, 2011, Prague, Czech Republic
- Reviewer: Neurocomputing, ICRA, IROS, RAL, TCDS, CASE, RCIM, Humanoids
- Founder of MoRoUS seminar (corresponding seminar for high school students, FEE CTU) (morous.felk.cvut.cz)
- Tutorial classes in Math, Physics and English for children from elementary and high schools; preliminary courses for university entrance exams
- Supervision of Diploma theses, Bachelor theses and Semestral projects
- Invited talks:
- 10/2022: Emergent system laboratory (prof. Taniguchi) Ritsumeikan university, Japan “Verbal and nonverbal communication with robots”.
- 10/2022: prof. Mizuuchi laboratory, TUAT, Tokyo, Japan “Verbal and nonverbal communication with robots to teach them new skills”.
- 9/2022: 1st Cz-Fr Workshop, Prague, CR “Verbal and nonverbal communication with robots to teach them new skills”.
- 8/2022: CCTA tutorial session, Italy “Controlling robots via language and gestures”.
- 3/2022: MLT group, DFKI Saarbrucken, Germany: “Controlling robots via language and gestures”.
- 2017: MLR group, Stuttgart University “Mapping language to vision in real robotic scenario”.
- 2013: Bulovka Hospital “Utilization of EEG in psychological experiments“ (2013) and “Processing of EEG signal in the cognitive tasks“(2012)
Research areas of Interest
- Computational cognitive modeling – especially Bayesian parametric models
- Artificial intelligence and robotics
- Signal processing (mainly EEG) with focus on differences between gifted and non-gifted children
- Cognitive science, cognitive psychology and neuroscience
- International certificate: Cambridge Advanced English (CAE, 12/2009)
- Czech : Mother Tongue
- English: Fluent spoken and written – International certificate CAE (12/2009)
- German: Basic communication